Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the webinar! The webinar slides and recording are now available.
Cool HCSB & ConEd Incentives for Brooklyn!
TUESDAY, JUNE 30TH, 6:30PM EST!
The NYC 2030 District and the Brooklyn Borough President’s office is hosting a Clean Cooling (+ Heating) webinar on June 30th from 6:30-8pm.
- Join us to learn about the Special NYC & NYS Energy Incentives that can save you money!
- Hear about the FREE Con Edison Audits (with NO strings attached) plus they can pay up to 50-60% of your project costs.
- Find out how JouleSmart offers no cost financing solutions that uses your energy savings to pay for your project.
Special Guest Presentation by the Urban Land Institute: Unlocking Hidden Value in Class B/C Office Buildings, which shows how improving the energy efficiency of Class B and C office buildings is doable with relatively simple, lower-cost measures that not only enhance building performance, but boost property values to make the buildings more competitive.
Let’s “Electrify” Brooklyn with Air Source Heat Pumps! Heat pumps are a more efficient heating and cooling option that eliminate fossil fuels, can provide up to 100 percent of your heating and cooling needs, and help you save on your energy bills.
Webinar Introductory Guest Speakers:
- Jeff Lowell – Policy Director, Office of the Brooklyn Borough President
- Scott Smith – Program Manager, Clean Heating and Cooling at NYSERDA
- Haym Gross – Founder & Co-Chair of the NYC 2030 District
- Antuan Cannon – Con Edison SMB Program Manager at Willdan
- Maria Fields – Co-Founder and Senior VP, at JouleSmart Solutions
- Monika Henn – Manager, Urban Land Institute Greenprint
- Frank Maricic – Co-Chair, NYC 2030 District (Moderator)
Last month, we officially (virtually) launched our Heat/Cool Smart Brooklyn (HCSB) campaign, a Clean Heating and Cooling Communities program in Brooklyn Community Boards 2 & 6. HCSB is funded by NYSERDA and sponsored by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. We are promoting green building retrofits in Brooklyn to save energy, money and the planet!
Our campaign website can be found at www.heybrooklyn.org. Please visit the website and fill out a form to participate and get a free energy audit for your building! You can also stay connected with us on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
After a competitive application process and detailed review, we have selected three participating contractors for the campaign: Green Home Logic, Green Team Long Island, and Arnica Heating and Air Conditioning. We are excited about their tremendous experience, excellent reputations, high quality of work and responsive customer service. Click here to read their profiles and find out more about their work.
We have successfully begun our workforce training courses, in collaboration with the Association for Energy Affordability (AEA), CUNY City Tech, HeatsmartBK, and sponsored by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. Click here to learn more about the Workforce Training program, and for updates on upcoming courses.
Thank you to everyone who joined our Commercial and Multi-Family Webinar with BlocPower on Tuesday evening! The slides and recording are available here. We hope you can join us for our next virtual event, a Red Hook Community Climate Webinar co-hosted by RETI & ReGenCy on June 2nd at 6:30pm. Register here!
We are seeking the participation of residential and commercial property owners, students for our green workforce training classes, and volunteers to help with campaign outreach. Please send us information on virtual community events we may join, or kindly contact us to arrange a presentation of our program. You can respond to this email, or reach us at email@example.com with any questions or information you’d like to share with us.
We send our wishes to all for a healthy, safe and sane passage through the current crisis. We would like to thank you for your valuable contributions to our campaign, and we hope you are able to attend our spring webinar series!
The NYC 2030 District and Heat/Cool Smart Brooklyn Team
- HCSB Spring Webinar Series Continues: Heat/Cool Smart Brooklyn Red Hook Community Climate Webinar! Tuesday June 2nd, 6:30-8:00pm. Presentations by the HCSB campaign, RETI on the Blue City project, and ReGenCy on regenerative community action. Click Here To Register!
- Community Board 6 Community Check-in: June 17th, 6pm
IN THE NEWS
ENERGY SAVING TIP!
Water use and energy use in buildings are related. The hot water in your home is generally heated using electricity or natural gas. The less hot water you use, the less energy you consume!
Fill out a form to sign up to get a free energy audit for your home or building, and discover your financing options for green retrofit projects!